Tanygrisiau is a stop on the Ffestiniog Railway. It is situated on the southern side of the Moelwyn mountain range, which shelters the village from northerly winds.
Stations & Stops
The station at Tan y Bwlch opened in July 1873, replacing the old station at Hafod y Llyn. It closed to passengers in September 1939, resuming again in April 1958.
Beddgelert’s fame and popularity (apart from it’s beautiful location) is a small mound in the village called “Gelert’s Grave“.
Dduallt (meaning “Black Wooded Slope”) is the most remote station on the Ffestiniog Railway as it can only be reached by public footpaths.
Cwmorthin is a short trek away from the station at Tanygrisiau, but well worth a visit. There are several places to park at Tanygrisiau; there is a large car park as you drive towards the station, a small station car park, one by the popular Café and one at the quarry entrance. What’s more, they are all free. Tanygrisiau is also a station on the Ffestiniog Railway, near Blaenau Ffestiniog.